Saturday, February 14, 2009

Double Bubble



I thought I'd show off my "double-bubble". Blake took a couple of pictures to help me remember. I also took measurements. It wrapped up at a wopping 42 inches, 3 1/2 feet. Did anyone know skin could stretch like this? I'm at almost 38 weeks which is so great. Most twins don't go this long. My ribs are telling me I should be done, but that doesn't seem to be the determining factor, as to when babies are born.

I am loving the comments and the expressions I receive any where I go. Most people just stare. Others I overhear saying "she looks like she's going to pop!" Some will casually ask, "When are you due?" My response, "I hope tomorrow." That usually gets a laugh and a reply, "Yeah, you are looking very uncomfortable." Does it show that much, I wonder? Maybe it's the waddle I've acquired or the fact my stomach is 2 feet in front of me. I don't know. It has been fun, but yes I am so ready to get our little cuties here!


I wanted to add some pictures I love. A couple are of Blake and Izaak's snow day. Blake had promised to take Izaak out to make a snow man. As you can see there wasn't much snow. It didn't bother Izaak one bit, he had so much fun with his daddy. He especially enjoyed throwing snow out in the road and at our huge bush.

The other picture is of Izaak and me making cookies. I've been sitting down to cook a lot more lately, and it has been so fun because Izaak loves to help. Izaak will climb on my lap and pour in the ingredients. His favorite part is the sampling.

6 comments:

vandi said...

Missy! Yeah! I am so excited that you're blogging. It's already been so fun to read what you've posted and to show Emyri pictures of Izaak. When we showed her the picture of the two of them she smiled and said, "I love Izaak." I agreed: ) Plus, I love the picture Blake and Izaak's snow day. I wish we were having some "snow days" like that. It looks so warm there.

So, are you really having the girls tomorrow? I seriously cannot wait to see them. It's going to be so neat and so fun. Do you know if you have to have a c-section too. I totally know how you feel when you say the thought of them cutting you open doesn't sound too appealing. The night before emyri's c-section that's all I could think about. But it's all good...we have to get them out one way or another: ) Anyway, I hope things are going awesome. I hope we'll get to see you guys sometime soon, and that all of our little kids will get to hang out too: ) Well, take care and best of luck. We love you sooo much!

p.s. If we're racing and you're going in tomorrow, I'm going to have to get things going! But honestly, I would not mind one bit to have this baby as soon as possible.

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you have a blog....now we just need to get Jeni to do a blog. :) Cute pictures, and hope you have the babies really soon!!

proudmamablogga said...

Wow, what a great pregnancy picture. You are a beautiful woman, Missy. Good luck with the upcoming delivery!
(Kelianne Chamberlain)

kim said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah! I just found your blog on Kristin's blog spot I am sooooo excited. I kept telling Kristin I wish Missy and Jeni had blog spots so we could see them and their cute families more often. Its a great way to keep in touch with family and friends.
You are amazing wow! I am so excited to see your cute babies. I hope you can find some time to post pictures when they are born. But double duty, I can't even imagine it. So if you don't have time we will understand. Good luck with everything.

BlogHappens said...

I can't believe you had any room on your lap! ;)

leese said...

missy! lets keep in touch! i'm so sad i never saw you towards the end of your pregnancy. you look soooo cute in the pics!